500 Films In A Year Challenge - List of Films In Cinema
500 Films In A Year Challenge: 2013 - The Cinema List
Every year, there is a large collection of movies released in the cinema. There is never a guarantee that I will watch them all, but I have listed them here, out of hope that I shall get to see them all.
Here is the Cinema List for 2013:
- January 11th - Gangster Squad, Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters.
- January 18th - The Last Stand.
- February 1st - Bullet To The Head.
- February 14th - A Good Day To Die Hard.
- March 1st - Elysium.
- March 8th - Oz: The Great and Powerful.
- March 15th - Carrie.
- March 22nd - Jack The Giant Killer.
- March 29th - GI Joe: Retaliation.
- April 12th - Evil Dead.
- May 3rd - Iron Man 3.
- May 17th - Star Trek Into Darkness.
- May 24th - Fast Six.
- June 7th - After Earth.
- May 14th - The End Of The World, Man Of Steel.
- May 21st - Monsters University.
- May 28th - Kick-Ass 2.
- July 3rd - Despicable Me 2.
- May 12th - Pacific Rim.
- May 19th - R.I.P.D.
- May 26th - The Wolverine.
- August 2nd - 300: Rise Of An Empire.
- August 9th - Robocop.
- September 13th - The Little Mermaid.
- September 27th - The Tomb.
- October 4th - Sin City; A Dame To Kill For.
- November 8th - Thor: The Dark World.
- November 22nd - The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.
- December 13th - The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug.
- December 25th - Jack Ryan.
500 Films In A Year Challenge - List of Films For Certain Numbers
500 Films In A Year Challenge: 2013 - The Numbers List
As I am going through the 500 Films In A Year Challenge, obviously the movies will be numbered in order as I go along. In order to give certain numbers more importance, and also to inspire me to watch certain movies, I have related several movies to certain numbers. An obvious example would be that, I want to watch The Third Man by Orson Welles, so I have related that movie to number 3, so it should be the third movie I watch.
So far, there is 19 movies listed here.
Here is the Numbers list:
- Number 3- The Third Man
- Number 4 - Four Brothers
- Number 7 - Seven UP! (1964)
- Number 8 - 8 Mile
- Number 10 - 10 Things I Hate About You
- Number 12 - 12 Monkeys
- Number 14 - 7 Plus Seven (1970)
- Number 21 - 21 Up (1977)
- Number 25 - The 25th Hour
- Number 28 - 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later, 28 Up (1984)
- Number 35 - 35 Up (1991)
- Number 42 - 42 Up (1998)
- Number 49 - 49 Up (2005)
- Number 50 - 50/50
- Number 56 - 56 Up (2012)
- Number 101 - 101 Dalmations
- Number 300 - 300
500 Films In A Year Challenge - List of Films On Certain Dates
500 Films In A Year Challenge: 2013 - The Date List
The point of this list, is that there are specific Birthdays of actors or directors that I like, who I want to dedicate a Birthday to. So, for example, I’ve always wanted to watch movies by Orson Welles, so I have decided to dedicate his birthday, May 6th, to watching films of his.
There are also sequels being released in 2013, and I prefer to watch the other movies in the series as well. So, for example, February 14th, Valentines Day, is releasing Die Hard 5, ala A Good Day To Die Hard, so I want to watch at least the classic trilogy on that day, if not also the fourth film.
There is a list of 76 movies here, in total.
Here is the Date list:
- January 12th - John Lasseter’s Birthday: Toy Story, A Bug’s Life, Toy Story 2, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Cars, Ratatouille, Up, Toy Story 3, Cars 2, Brave
- January 28th - Frank Darabont’s Birthday: The Green Mile, The Mist.
- February 14th - Die Hard, Die Hard 2, Die Hard With A Vengeance.
- February 26th - Johnny Cash’s Birthday, Walk The Line
- March 8th - The Wizard Of Oz.
- March 15th - Carrie.
- March 29th - G.I. Joe (Animated Film),
G.I. Joe (live-action film).
- April 12th - Evil Dead 1-3.
- May 6th - Orson Welles’ Birthday, Citizen Kane, Touch Of Evil
- June 14th - Shaun Of The Dead, Hot Fuzz, Superman, Superman II.
- July 17th - James Cagney’s Birthday, The Public Enemy, Angels With Dirty Faces, White Heat,
- June 20th - Robert Rodriquez’s Birthday: El Mariachi, Desperado, Once Upon A Time In Mexico
- June 21st - Monsters Inc,
- June 22nd - Meryl Streep’s Birthday: Kramer Vs Kramer, Sophie’s Choice, The Iron Lady
- June 23rd - Joss Whedon’s Birthday: Serenity
- July 6th - Sylvester Stallone’s Birthday: Rocky series
- July 13th - Harrison Ford’s Birthday: Raiders Of The Lost Ark, Temple Of Doom, The Last Crusade
- July 26th - Stanley Kubrick’s Birthday: Lolita, Dr Strangelove, A Clockwork Orange, Room 237
- July 30th - Arnold Schwarzenegger’s Birthday: Conan The Barbarian, Commando, Predator.
- August 9th - Robocop Trilogy.
- August 13th - Alfred Hitchcock’s Birthday: Strangers On A Train, Vertigo, North By Northwest, Hitchcock
- August 16th: James Cameron’s Birthday - True Lies
- September 21st - Stephen King’s Birthday: Firestarter.
- September 23rd - Ray Charles’ Birthday: Ray
- October 4th: Sin City.
- October 31st - Peter Jackson’s Birthday: Heavenly Creatures, The Lovely Bones
- December 18th - Steven Spielberg’s Birthday: E.T., Jaws.
- December 25th - The Hunt For Red October, Patriot Games, Clear And Present Danger, The Sum Of All Fears.
500 Films In A Year Challenge - Attempt Two.
500 Films A Year Challenge: 2013 - The Info
For the next year, I shall be attempting to watch 500 Films, in one calender year.
The objective is to watch a movie, and then review it upon this website.
To make it easier, I am going to start this attempt on January 1st 2013.
I will not count any films I see more than once, so if for example, I watched The Shawshank Redemption twice, it would still only count for one. Another example, last year I watched The Avengers in the cinema four times, but I would only review it once.
I shall also keep a set style in the review, which I will do an example of in a follow-up post.
If anyone has any film recommendations, please, by all means, recommend to me.
I shall include several film ideas in a future post as well.